Wednesday, September 24, 2008

2008 Tigers Tickets


I would like to give a big thanks to my good friend Leo Barbour over at the Detroit Tigers Forum for passing along to me his 26 game tickets from 2008. If you're a Tigers fan and you've never checked out the forum, come stop by. It's been said that our forum is like a neighborhood bar, and Leo would be part-owner and proprietor. But knowing him as I do, he would wish me to stop right here with the accolades and get on to business.

These are one cool collectible. I've slowly come around to liking the 2008 Topps cards, so these are a no-brainer. They're too big for 6 pocket pages though, so I've got to figure out a cool way to display them.

I'm not going to bother posting a checklist, since all anyone would need to do is look up the Tigers home schedule. I am curious though as to how many different "cards" there are. Of the 26 tickets I have, there are 24 different. (May 8 and August 13 both picture the same Bonderman photo, May 5 and August 10 both have the same Polanco photo, although there are 3 other dates that picture different Bonderman photos) 

Thanks again Leo. This are very cool. 

Now I just have to hunt down tickets for the other 55 home games......


No comments: