Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Like a Virgin.....



...trading for the very first time.  I received the cards from my first ever internet trade tonight and boy I can't wait to do it again! I was a little hesitant at first, but I was told that it wouldn't hurt and that I didn't have to do anything I didn't want to. And just like that it was over before I knew it and I was ready to do it again!

Seriously though, kudos to Adam over at Thought And Sox. (another Red Sox fan...I know....but apparently one of the cool ones......)


He sent me a nice collection of Tigers from 1997-2008, with my two favorites posted here. My Tigers collection is pretty sketchy from 1999-2005, and a good 80% of what I received fell in those years, so I will be able to fill in a lot of holes. 


I've never even seen those Bowman Heritage cards before (fantastic card) and I love the RC of Deivi Cruz, affectionately know as Pork Chop over at the Tigers Forum.

4 comments:

AdamE said...

Sorry i didn't see the post you wrote till now but thanks for the advertisement. i like the writing, a little different than "I got this in the mai". I enjoyed it, keep it up.

IkesCards said...

Any interest in a Tigers - Cardinals trade?

robbyt said...

One of my oldest friends collects Cardinals cards and I've been giving him everything for years. I wouldn't be able to rustle up anything at all. Thanks for the offer though.

IkesCards said...

No worries. Just tryin' to unload stuff in the dupe / trade box. Let me know if you change your mind. My kid is also on the lookout for Braun, Sizemore, and now Markakis if you're interested in going that route.