Monday, July 28, 2008

Topps has done it to me for the last time


You've got to be fucking kidding me. 

For the first time since 2005, Topps has produced a Detroit Tigers version of it's base factory set. In 2005, the set included a 5 card exclusive insert set of several promising Tigers prospects that made it a nice piece to pick up. 

Fast forward to 2008. Topps picks the Tigers again to do such a set for. BUT THIS TIME THE 5 CARD EXCLUSIVE SET IS MADE UP ENTIRELY OF GUYS AT THE END OF THE TIGERS BENCH, INCLUDING 2 WHO ARE NO LONGER EVEN WITH THE TEAM!!!!!

What a fucking joke. The people at Topps are fucking idiots. Brandon Inge is the best you could do? While there still is no card available for Rick Porcello? Denny Bautista and Jason Grilli? Seriously? On the 40th anniversary of one of the most improbable world championships of all time? Mickey Lolich, Willie Horton, or Al Kaline never crossed your fucking minds? Ramon Santiago did though? Zach Miner too? Really?

Any chance that I would ever buy another pack of Topps product went out the window with this bullshit set. From now on I'll just buy Tigers cards off of ebay. 

I am finished with with Topps. This is fucking ridiculous.

Fuck it. I'm just going to make my own full set from now on.

Stay tuned.

No comments: