Monday, July 28, 2008

George Kell Night in Arkansas


A month ago or so the Arkansas Travelers had a George Kell Night to honor the former Tiger great from Swifton, Arkansas. HOF Al Kaline and Brooks Robinson were also in attendance that night too. Sadly, I was unable to get down there to see the game, but fortunately my family brought the game to me!

A little backstory first. My cousin's little boy Carter is playing his first year of t-ball this year and his team was the Tigers. So I sent him a Tigers t-shirt and some other schwag early in the season. I swear I think one of the first things his parents taught him was that my favorite team was the Tigers, so that his first t-ball team is the Tigers was pretty cool to me.

Well as it turns out Carter wore his Tigers gear to the game that night and was fortunate to be the last kid in the line to get his picture taken with Mr. Kaline. My cousin said that Al's face lit up when he saw Carter wearing a Tigers shirt! 



They passed along the photo to my folks who recently came up for a visit. Unbeknownst to me, my uncle also sent along the George Kell bobblehead that they gave away that night. Needless to say, I have two prized possessions now from a night I'll never forget even though I wasn't even there! 

Thanks everybody!

No comments: