Monday, July 28, 2008

Meet The Parents


A big shout out to Mr. and Mrs. Thompson, a couple of people I like to call Dad and Mom, for coming up to visit me in the Windy City this past weekend. 

We had a great time seeing the sights and eating at some of the finer establishments in town, the best being Gino's East. Dadgum, that was some mighty fine deep dish pizza pie!

The highlight for me was ascending the Sears Tower. Not all Batman-like, but the express elevator that goes from the basement to the 103rd floor observation deck in less than 60 seconds had my knees shaking by the time I got off that mofo. I'm not too good with heights to begin with, so I was pretty proud of my bad self for making the trip. 



We also went to some place called the McCormick Tribune Freedom Museum on Michigan Ave. It was free. That's about the best thing I can say about it. Oh, and it was air-conditioned. That was pretty cool too on a warm Sunday afternoon.

Sadly we weren't able to get to one of the Marlins-Cubs games, as the four game series was sold out. But we managed to have fun nonetheless.

Well, with summer rounding second and heading for third I should have a lot more time to get back to bitching about my favorite hobby in the world. And I've saved up a bunch to bitch about.....

No comments: