Tuesday, May 6, 2008

It's Been One Week, Volume 3


Ok, so last Tuesday was a little bit better.

I finally got to go to my first game at Yankee Stadium.

I was underwhelmed.

Yes, the Stadium was cool and it was neat to go there and all, but because of the remodeling done in the 70's, it just didn't have the feel of an old time ball park like Wrigley Field or Fenway Park. Instead of feeling like I was in the House That Ruth Built, I felt more like I was in the House That Reggie And Billy Fought In.

That being said I had great seats and got to see the Tigers win 6-4. 

I also picked up a program and a 2008 Topps Yankees team set that had a silver foil embossed stamp on each card commemorating the final year of Yankee Stadium. 

My only real beef was that nowhere on the ticket stub does it say that you can't bring in a video camera. But it sure says that on the signs outside the park and they frisk you down before you go in. Where did I hide mine? I'll never tell.




I really don't have much else to add, and that kind of sums up how it felt to finally visit Yankee Stadium. We did manage to make it back to the hotel by 1:00 a.m. this time, which was just about as big of a highlight as the game......

No comments: