Tuesday, May 27, 2008

2008 Topps Finest



There once was a time when Topps Finest were the biggest thing since sliced bread.

There once was also a time where you were lucky it they included three Tigers in the set.

There is now a time where you look at these and go ho-hum. Perhaps the fact that there are something like five or six different colored variations of each card has rendered this set irrelevant. 

Anyway, there is a decent selection of Tigers for such a small set.

10 Magglio OrdoƱez
20 Miguel Cabrera
31 Gary Sheffield
81 Justin Verlander
95 Curtis Granderson
99 Dontrelle Willis
107 Ivan Rodriguez

I checked Topps website, and I think there are two insert cards. I've only found one, commemorating Verlander's no-hitter (on my birthday, a fact I never get tired of bringing up...) Supposedly there is one for Granderson too, but I've yet to find it anywhere. The Verlander is numbered to 99. It looks like a refractor, but it doesn't say so on the back, so who the hell knows.


FM-JV Justin Verlander

I don't have much else to add. But I should be receiving my Bowman team set shortly, which is one of the few releases that I look forward to.

No comments: