Tuesday, April 1, 2008

2007 Fleer Detroit Tigers Variations?



Another one of my finds this weekend at the card show was a team set of 2007 Fleer.

I collected most of this set from buying packs last summer, only missing a few cards. But when I saw the cards at the show I immediately noticed something was different.

One of the cards has the Old English D and the other has an orange one. When I got them home I noticed that the entire team set I bought had the orange one, while the ones I collected out of packs had the white one. My only guess is that the orange variations were put together out of the factory set. 

Anyway, here is the team checklist for what's an ok set that looks a lot like an Ultra release if you squint your eyes just right.

129 Gary Sheffield
213 Kenny Rogers
214 Justin Verlander
215 Ivan Rodriguez
216 Magglio Ordonez
217 Todd Jones
218 Joel Zumaya
219 Jeremy Bonderman
220 Nate Robertson
221 Brandon Inge
222 Craig Monroe
223 Carlos Guillen
340 Andrew Miller RC
349 Kevin Hooper RC
380 Ivan Rodriguez Team Checklist

There is also a parallel set of "mini" cards, somewhat reminiscent of 1975 Topps, but nowhere near as cool since they just look like cards that had the white border trimmed off. The thing I like about 2007 Fleer best is that I picked up a couple of the $20 boxes at Target, and they rang up at the register as $10, so I went back and grabbed two more. 



Even though I opened four boxes, I am still missing the white version cards of Inge, Jones, Rogers, Sheffield, and Zumaya, or roughly a third of the team set. However, I did get four Miller RC, so I'm not complaining.

I also snagged a couple of nice insert cards though.

PA-IR Ivan Rodriguez


and

RS-JV Justin Verlander




No comments: