Wednesday, August 26, 2009

2007 RobbyT Cards



Just to make it perfectly clear, even though I love to bag on the card companies when they make a crappy looking card, don't think for one second that I'm not afraid to judge myself in the same fashion.

These flat out suck.

The bad part is I don't really know how it happened. It just sort of did. I had a design, then started tweaking it a little bit here, and then a little bit there, and next thing you know......I ended up with this crap. But at least I never sold them 6 for a $1 and had 14 different variations of the Neifi Perez card....


The 2007 RobbyT Detroit Tigers:
1 Jeremy Bonderman
2 Tim Byrdak
3 Jose Capellan
4 Sean Casey
5 Eulogio De La Cruz
6 Chad Durbin
7 Gorkys Hernandez
8 Curtis Granderson
9 Jason Grilli
10 Carlos Guillen
11 Mike Hessman
12 Omar Infante
13 Brandon Inge
14 Todd Jones
15 Jair Jurrjens
16 Wil Ledezma
17 Jim Leyland
18 Aquilino Lopez
19 Mike Maroth
20 Cameron Maybin
21 Macay McBride
22 Jose Mesa
23 Andrew Miller
24 Zach Miner
25 Craig Monroe
26 Magglio Ordonez
27 Neifi Perez
28 Timo Perez
29 Placido Polanco
30 Mike Rabelo
31 Ryan Raburn
32 Nate Robertson
33 Fernando Rodney
34 Ivan Rodriguez
35 Kenny Rogers
36 Ramon Santiago
37 Bobby Seay
38 Gary Sheffield
39 Jordan Tata
40 Marcus Thames
41 Virgil Vasquez
42 Justin Verlander
43 Joel Zumaya
44 Tigers Special Ernie Harwell
45 Tigers Special Al Kaline
46 Tigers Highlights Justin Verlander No-Hitter
47 Tigers Highlights Maybin & Hernandez Futures Game
48 Tigers Highlights Neifi Perez
49 Tigers Highlights Rod Allen
50 Tigers Special Paws
51 Gene Lamont
52 Lloyd McClendon
53 Remember When Cecil Fielder
54 Remember When Alan Trammell


Yeah, these are easily the least favorite of mine from the 4 years I have made cards. I expanded the set to 54, and it's nice to see some cards of some guys who made brief appearances with us, but I'm not a big fan of this set. It looks too much like '89 Pro Set football gone horribly wrong.

I do like the Kaline card though. I doubt there was another one of him that year in uniform. (At the All-Star Game in San Francisco as an honorary captain) If my buddy Ed goes back to fantasy camp in 2010 I think this will be the card I pass along to see if he can get it autographed for me. I've never had one of my cards autographed before, and this would certainly be the one I would want to have autographed.

I wish I had more to write about these so I could post a lot more of them, but I don't. At least this last line will let me leave one more that's another personal favorite....


No comments: